16 May 2011

new uses for things


I'm really dating myself talking about this, but do you remember these?

Yep, I found some of these recently and thought, hmmm, I'll bet these would be good to use to hold onto stuff when I'm working. You know, instead of using tape (which I'll have to throw away after a couple uses), or a whole glove, which just gets cumbersome and isn't very tactile.


sure enough, these things worked perfectly to hold onto this! I used an old wind chime piece (the silver metal thingy) to wrap some copper wire around it to make some jump rings. My fingers kept slipping, so I used the rubber finger things to hold onto the metal and SHAZAM! worked like a charm! What would work even better is to put the wind chime piece into the end of a drill and let the drill do all the turning work, but with limited space, I have to work with what I've got. 

How about you? do you have any new uses for things? something you've discovered that works well? Please! feel free to share! 

2 comments:

mairedodd said...

this is a fabulous idea! you are so smart -

Lisa @FishyFaceDesigns said...

I am just finding my groove so I don't have a lot to share..but wow...that idea is awesome! Thanks...
Have a beautiful MONDAY!
Take care.