15 April 2011

quote o' the day


For my very dear friend who's husband recently died of cancer. 

I know it's hard to believe this now, this quote, but I also believe that it's true. And 'okay' means different things to different people. It doesn't always mean sunshine and flowers, and we're all shiny happy people again. It can mean that this person is finally out of pain, as much as we are in it. It can mean that you got to spend 30 years with the love of your life; most people aren't that lucky. It can mean that you have friends that bring you food and keep you company when you need it. It can mean that someday, you know, that you will see them again. I hope this makes sense. 

3 comments:

The Clay Chick said...

A very sweet post...I'm a little teary now. My thoughts are with your friend, and you for being a good friend.

graygirlstudios said...

thanks. they've been very good friends of mine for over 13 years now, and watching him, and her, suffer through cancer reminded me of what my parents went through when my dad was sick.

Ryan Adair said...

I love this.. it is very true. I always tell myself in adverse situations that "everything will be okay."