04 December 2010

cooler days

It's been cold here. Well, cold for us. We woke up to 40-something degrees here this past week a couple days in a row. We had to bring some of the plants into the shed for cover otherwise we would have lost them. Most of my outside plants are cold hardy, but we aren't used to several days in a row of cold weather. 
Since it's been cooler, I've had the opportunity to wear long pants. I know that doesn't sound like such a big deal to most people, but considering how hot it is here most of the time, I wear shorts or skirts. Not so much now. I had to dig for the long pants too and think of where I put them, it's been so long. I've also had the opportunity to wear scarves. I love scarves. They are comfy, and warm, and fashionable, and there are so many styles, and types, and colors. There are big soft chunky ones like this:



pretty, fancy, dainty, colorful ones like this:


from Periay

even some camo colored ones:



I like the camo. It can go with lots of stuff. It looks soft and fluffy too. And Studio Waterstone has not one but  TWO, count 'em TWO, tutorials on how to make a scarf. Cool. 

Enjoy your weather, where ever you are.

No comments: