04 February 2010

halfway there...

Yep, halfway through accounting, and may God help us all. I think there are 2 people in class that actually understand accounting and how it works, but then again, I think they are majoring in accounting. I think it all has to do with the teacher and how it's presented. My accounting 1 teacher was very cool and demonstrative and used a lot of visuals to get everyone to understand how it all works. It was fairly simple, if accounting can be that way. This teacher is easy on the eyes, but that's all he has going for him. He explains this all in language that is foreign to us, he skips around the book with numbers that aren't even there, using everyday terminology that we are not familiar with, with a book that's 2k pages long! I'm joking, it's only 1500 pages long, but nevertheless, a very large volume of information that we need to absorb, and he isn't giving us any kind of break. Our last teacher realized that there was NO WAY she was going to be able to cover all the info she wanted to since we all had a dazed and confused look on our faces, so she cut it short. This guy won't give.

Anyway, I'm just venting and rambling and glad to be half over. Oh, did I tell you I have to write 2 papers in accounting class? yeah, 2 papers. In accounting. I can see writing a paper in any other class in the world, but accounting?

yeah....

No comments: