25 October 2009

more guy stuff

Nate got this pendant in Peru and the original cord broke/wore off, so he asked me to make another one. He likes the hemp cord, and this color complemented it well. So I made a bail with some silver wire, used some leftover beads from a broken necklace and some very large coiled ends and clasp to bring it all together. See how the cording kind of formed a heart? This was made with love...awwww! (ok, moaning and groaning can stop now. silly humor is over.)
I used some very large coiled ends to keep it all together, which lends itself to more of a masculine effect.
Here's an up close view of the pendant. He said he got it in Peru on a mountain climbing expedition. He says it's rock of some kind, I tend to think it's glass, as it chips easily. You can kind of see it on the corners. It all came together quite nicely.

1 comment:

Micah said...

Nice post... I'm very amazed with the content of your blog. Looks like you are really putting hard work on it. I'd surely visit here often. You can come by my site if you want, it's mainly about Engagement Rings. Thanks!