15 April 2009

recycled jewelry contest winners

sorry the photo is not very big, but I had to show you this site I found. This is from the Baton Rouge government website Recycling office. It seems they had a recycled jewelry contest awhile ago. On this site it posts the pictures of the winners. Some very neat, and ingenious stuff, was posted. What I find most amazing is that this came from a government office. Now, it's not that this is not possible, or even encouraged, but I just never thought I'd see the day when a government office would hold a jewelry contest using recycled goods. A jewelry store, bead store, jewelry/bead supply store, yes; government office, no. I think it's very cool. Check it out.

2 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

Charlene, this is great stuff. It sends a good message when a government office sponsors a recycling-into-jewelry competition. Nice!

--Dave
(@Rings_Things on Twitter

graygirlstudios said...

yeah! isn't this the best?! I need to show it to some people I know. Maybe my local government would be interested in something like this! I think this is really cool!