22 September 2008

green agate

ok, so I'm not exactly sure if these are green agate or not, but they look like it. I have also, had these green stones for a long time. I really like them, and I have had them temporarily on some silver wire, ready and waiting for something magical to happen to them. Finally today, after all this time and neglect, I made these fabulous earrings out of them. I like the round ear wires, they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I hand made the head pins by heating the ends of the wire to make a bead on the end. Pretty easy instead of buying silver ear wires. I can make eye pins too. Those don't require heat, obviously. I like to play with fire, though, so head pins are more fun. (Don't worry, I do have a fire extinguisher near my bench. )

No comments: